- Pottery Barn Inspired Beachcomber Basket
- DIY Rag Rug Storage Baskets
- DIY Woven Storage Basket Using Dollar Tree Yarn
- Fruit Inspired Storage Baskets Using Dollar Tree Felt
- Abraham Lincoln's dog was named Fido and as the first presidential dog to ever be photographed, he helped popularize the name to the point of cliché.
- Beautiful Cottage ~ Sweden Meets Norway in Wisconsin
- The earliest known record of the ice cream sandwich dates back to 1900 when it was sold for a penny on the streets of the Bowery neighborhood in New York City. It was made of vanilla ice cream placed in-between two graham crackers. The vendor was reportedly so busy making the sandwiches that he made his customers pay exactly one penny because he didn’t have time to give their change.
- Front Lawn Ornaments Made From Old Wagon Wheels
- While many people may only associate the name “Kermit” with this particular amphibious Muppet, this wasn’t always the case. It was actually a fairly common name at one point and coincidentally, Jim Henson came across quite a few people named Kermit before finally deciding that would be the name of his most famous creation. Henson himself admits that although he did have a childhood acquaintance named Kermit Scott, he was not whom the frog was named after. Another common belief is that Kermit the Frog was named after famed puppet creator, Kermit Love. While it’s true that Kermit Love does maintain strong association with the Muppets, his working relationship with Henson wasn’t until after Kermit’s creation. Combine that with the fact that he consistently denied any association to the character’s naming and you have a pretty strong case against Love.
- The original Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte didn't contain any pumpkin. The drink got its name from all the spices that go in a pumpkin pie, but it didn't contain any actual pumpkin. Then, in 2015, Starbucks tweaked the recipe to include it. People drink the most Pumpkin Spice Lattes on Halloween.
- Cute Storage Shelf Made From An Old Dresser Drawer
- Not All Primates Are Monkeys.....The term "monkey" is sometimes used as a catch-all for every animal in the primate family, but the truth is that monkeys live on completely different branches of the evolutionary tree from both apes (i.e., chimpanzees, gorillas, and humans) and prosimians (i.e., lemurs, tarsiers, and lorises). One big difference between monkeys and other primates is in the tail: Most monkeys have tails, while apes and other primates do not. Apes also tend to be larger than monkeys and, thanks to their larger brains, more intelligent.
- Ernie may be Bert's best friend on the show, but there is someone who is much closer to the one-eye browed puppet. Bert has an identical twin brother named Bart. He made a brief appearance on an episode of "Sesame Street" in 1974.
- Thank You For Visiting :)
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Smiles, Giggles, Facts, Crafts, Dollar Tree Hacks, Crocheting, Repurposing And More :)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment