How to Freeze Cream Cheese:
- Keep cream cheese in its original container or packaging. Wrap the container in plastic wrap or freezer paper and then place it in a freezer bag. If you plan on using your cream cheese as icing or dip, you can mix it with whipping cream or heavy cream prior to freezing. A bond will form between the water and dairy fats, which will help the cream cheese retain more of its creamy texture.
- Write the date on the bag with a permanent marker.
- Place the cream cheese on the middle shelf of your freezer to keep it at an even temperature. Store for up to 5 months in the freezer. However, the less time cream cheese spends in the freezer, the better the results.
- Thaw cream cheese in the refrigerator overnight.
- Put thawed cream cheese in a mixer or stir it vigorously with a whisk to help reduce graininess and clumps. You can also try microwaving the cream cheese in 20-second intervals to help return it as close as possible to its regular consistency.
Post a Comment